Raccoons are small, furry animals that are notorious for breaking into kitchens, garages, and garbage cans. While these mischievous animals may look cute at first glance, they can be very dangerous and difficult to remove if they are able to nest in your attic. To remove a raccoon from your attic, your best bet is to contact a wildlife removal professional instead of attempting to save a few bucks by taking matters into your own hands. Here is how much it generally costs to remove a raccoon.
The Cost to Remove a Raccoon
Raccoon removal services have varying prices depending on your location, size of the infestation, services needed, and the wildlife removal company you choose. Wildlife experts with certifications and licensing may cost more than those without; however, when it comes to wildlife removal, you will want a licensed professional.
On average, you should expect to spend a few hundred dollars to remove a raccoon. But, again, each wildlife removal company is different and offers varying services that can affect the cost. Some associated costs with removing a raccoon from your attic include:
- Inspection – Before a raccoon is removed from your property, an inspection is conducted. Professionals examine your property’s interior and exterior areas, searching for a nest and potential entry points.
- Removal – The removal process is often multi-stepped and involves locating nests and using humane techniques to trap and release nuisance raccoons.
- Prevention – After all unwanted pests have been removed from your property, legitimate wildlife services will seal up entry holes to prevent further invasive raccoons from entering your property.
- Repair – Lastly, a professional wildlife removal expert will clean up the mess caused by the raccoons, repair any damage, and sanitize the area.
Dangers of DIY Racoon Removal
Before attempting to remove a raccoon from your attic or property, be aware of the dangers in doing so. While it may seem more cost-effective to try and remove a raccoon yourself, you may be putting your health and property at risk. Potential dangers of DIY raccoon removals include:
- Exposure to disease – Raccoons are among the top three carriers of rabies.
- Damage to your property – Raccoons are destructive and will use their sharp teeth and claws to chew through your wires, insulation, and wood.
- Scratches or bites – Raccoons can become aggressive and attack when they feel threatened.
Rely on Professionals to Remove a Raccoon from Your Property
The animal removal experts of Animal Wildlife Trappers provide safe and effective raccoon removal services in Central Florida at affordable rates. Contact our licensed experts today at 352-267-0546 to schedule an appointment and receive a free estimate for our fast, reliable, and permanent raccoon removal services.