While the animal kingdom is full of dangerous beasts, when it comes to residential neighborhoods, no wild animal causes more havoc than the raccoon. The deceptively cute scavengers will attempt to break into any receptacle or structure in their quest for food—causing significant damage and expensive destruction in the process. Furthermore, raccoons are often carriers of a host of transmittable diseases that can be a detriment to your personal wellbeing and that of your family and pets.
The Risks and Dangers of Raccoons
Raccoons can inflict a wide variety of damage to your health and home. The dangerous threats caused by raccoons include:
- Property Damage – Raccoons can cause damage to your property in many ways. From trashing your yard to contaminating your food and the interior of your home, raccoon-inflicted property damage can be both dangerous and costly.
- Infectious Diseases – Raccoons carry different diseases such as leptospirosis and roundworm that can be contracted through bites, scratches, and contact with their feces or urine.
- Harmful Attacks –While generally docile, raccoons may attack if cornered, threatened, or rabid. Raccoon attacks are incredibly dangerous and even deadly for small pets like cats and dogs.
Raccoon Prevention Tips
Due to the risks associated with a raccoon infestation, the best course of action is to contact wildlife professionals to carry out proper raccoon removal services. However, there are some precautionary methods you can take to prevent raccoons from approaching your property.
To deter raccoon activity and avoid the risks of a raccoon encounter, you should:
- Store trash cans inside
- Keep trash can lids sealed when outside
- Close off potential entrances to your home and attic
- Take pet bowls inside at night
- Contact raccoon removal professionals
Professional Raccoon Removal Services
Equipped with the knowledge and experience to permanently solve your raccoon problem, the team at Animal Wildlife Trappers utilizes effective and humane methods to remove raccoons and other nuisance wildlife from commercial and residential properties in Central Florida.
If your property has been invaded by nuisance raccoons, then rely on the professional wild animal removal services at Animal Wildlife Trappers. Our experienced wildlife experts can guarantee fast results and high-quality service. To schedule an appointment and receive a free wildlife removal estimate, call us today at 352-267-0546.