When it comes to pests in the home, few cause more damage and health issues than rats. Keen and nimble scavengers with a tremendous sense of smell and desire to reproduce, rats can quickly infiltrate your home in search of food, shelter, and a place to nest and mate. Therefore, it’s vital that you quickly recognize the signs of a rat infestation and contact the rat removal services of local wildlife professionals before rats can cause damage and spread disease to you, your home, and your family.
5 Signs of a Rat Infestation
Common warning signs that rats have infested your property include:
- Sounds of scurrying or squeaking
- Stains, droppings, and urine puddles in the attic and along floorboards
- Foul odors throughout the home that smell like ammonia
- Chewed cardboard boxes
- Contaminated food
Damages Caused by Rats
The disturbing and disgusting problems rats can bring to your property cannot be overstated. Here are just a few examples of the destruction rats can cause:
- Utility damage – To dull their ever-growing teeth, rats will chew through anything including your PVC plumbing pipes. Rats will also gnaw on your electrical wiring—fraying cables and creating fire hazards. Foregoing professional rat removal services could potentially cost you thousands of dollars in damage repairs.
- Structural damage – Rats like to shelter in attics and garages and will chew on the wooden beams in your rafters, shred attic insulation, and damage drywall in their attempt to establish a nest.
- Health damage – Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, rat-bit fever, and leptospirosis are just a few of the diseases rats can spread to humans and pets through bites or contact with their fecal matter.
Why You Need Rat Removal Services
If you notice any indication of a rat infestation, do not attempt to perform rat removal yourself. Invasive rat removal requires professional care, assessment, experience, and tools, not ineffective DIY methods that put your health at risk. For the safest and most effective results, contact a rat removal professional who has all of the necessary knowledge and equipment to ensure that rats are completely and permanently removed from your property.
Your Local Rat Removal Services
At Animal Wildlife Trappers, we will work with you to quickly eliminate your rat problem, decontaminate your property, and safeguard it from future infestations. For fast and efficient rat removal services for your commercial or residential property and to receive a free wildlife removal estimate, call Animal Wildlife Trappers today at 352-267-0546.